Monday, January 30, 2012

Why are the leaves and blossoms of my kalanchoe plants falling off?

This is a question for the botanists out there. I got a few kalanchoe plants at the store and potted them on my windowsill and they've been doing fine. (Based on the pictures on wikipedia, I'm pretty sure I have kalanchoe blossfeldiana) But one of the plants is having a problem. The flower stalks are falling over. The stems don't break, they just bend and kind of tear. And the some of the blossoms are shriveling and the leaves are falling off or come off at the slightest touch. Is the plants sick or is it just the end of some part of its life cycle? Should I deadhead the flowers that are bent over. And finally, can I use the pieces that are falling off as cuttings to try and grow new plants? Thanks a lot.

Why are the leaves and blossoms of my kalanchoe plants falling off?
See the following website for:



Troubleshooting Problems With Kalanchoe



http://www.bachmans.com/tipsheets/indoor...


No comments:

Post a Comment