Thursday, January 26, 2012

What small live plants to put in my tank?

I only have a tiny weeny tank (28l) but I want a couple of plants in there. I need one to cover the filter, which is 20cm/9inches tall, and I'd like a small one like a pellia or glossostigma elatinoides. I can't find any of those two near me, so any other suggestions for both plants?



Tropical tank :)

What small live plants to put in my tank?
Some of the best plants i've found are red ludwiga plant, all cabomba plants, and different kinds of grass. A word of warning however, if you have egg laying fish the males may try to tear up a cabomba plant whether or not they ahve a mate to build a nest for. Red ludwigas are often munched on by snails and they let go of their dead leaves wich can float randomly in the tank or get sucked up against the filter. Most grasses are a good choice other than they often outgrow the height of the tank, and spread like bloody wildfire. Good luck with your tank, and i hope i have helped.
Reply:Best Thing To Do Is To Look Around At Many Shops %26amp;%26amp; See Which One Suits It Best x


  • natural cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment