Thursday, January 26, 2012

Will scales migrate to my other plants, such as tomatoes and basil?

I have a lemon tree that is infested with scales. (I've been spraying it with horticultural oil, but they still haven't completely gone away.) I'd like to put a basil plant and some tomato plants in the same window but I'm worried about spreading the scales.



First of all, do scales affect tomatoes or basil?

Secondly, could scales migrate across plants like that?



Thanks!

Will scales migrate to my other plants, such as tomatoes and basil?
the scale on plants is the egg casing of a scale insect, the live scale insect will spread from plant to plant and leave the visible scales or its eggs on the plants you need to kill them with something that will kill the eggs and the insects
Reply:yes they can and will. scales affect most plants . i have a community pot of lucky bamboo that had them. if the oil isnt working then try dish soap, if that doesnt work try rubbing alcohol. mine didnt go away with the dish soap but it did with the alcohol. but yes they spread.


No comments:

Post a Comment