Thursday, January 26, 2012

My strawberry plants are only producing a few strawberries?

i have several strawberry plants and they rarely produce strawberries. what am i doing wrong?? what kind of fertilizer should i use to help produce strawberries. when i bought it had bunch of them now the past 2 years it hasnt done but myabe 10. on each plant. is there some thing that i can use around the house as of fertilizer?

My strawberry plants are only producing a few strawberries?
Last year the birds got to mine but we only had a few anyway.

This year I forgot to weed and the birds couldn't get or see them and I have so many I don't know what to do with them now!
Reply:Strawberries are a perennial plant and will improve as they age. Continue to add compost to the soil and cover the bed with netting (mesh) to keep the birds away from the berries that are produced.


No comments:

Post a Comment