Thursday, January 26, 2012

What plants are best to grow in an east facing window?

My bedroom has an east facing window, meaning a lot of sunlight in the mornings to midday, but not very much direct sunlight past that point. What plants would be the best to grow in these conditions?

What plants are best to grow in an east facing window?
I find most shrubs and flowers do well facing east because they get sunlight for half the day and they're protected when it gets too hot. I have wisteria, lavatera, phlox, geraniums and a rose hedge in my east-facing corners of the yard. You could train clematis to go around the window. They're climbers that have lovely flowers which come in a variety of colours and hardly smell at all. Happy gardening!
Reply:If you are looking for outdoor plants, I would suggest miniature roses, begonias, impatients, hydrangeas, fuchsia, or azaelas.



If indoor plants interest you, then I would suggest African violets or orchids.



You can grow so much with an east-facing window. Happy growing!


No comments:

Post a Comment