Thursday, January 26, 2012

What plants are good at attracting sun and heat?

I live in an apartment that has three windows facing west. in the afternoon, it gets really hot. I'm trying 3 different methods to reduce the heat: heat reducing film on windows, an umbrella on my porch and plants on my porch that will soak up some sun.

What plants are good at attracting sun and heat?
SOME DIRECT SUNLIGHT - In or very close to an east or west facing window:



Beloperone, Capsicum, Chlorophytum, Chrysanthemum, Codiaeum, Cordyline terminalis, Cuphea, Ficus elastica decora, Gynura, Hoya, Nertera, Plumbago, Poinsettia, Sansevieria, solanum, Sparmannia, Tradescantia, Zebrina.

http://www.cambrianursery.com/house_plan...
Reply:I don't think any plants "SOAK UP THE SUN" But a vine of any sort could grow to cover the window (grow it on a lattice) and therefore keep out the heat . Try Ivy (just don't let it 'get lose' ) or Parthenocissus


No comments:

Post a Comment