Wednesday, February 15, 2012

How can I make ice plants grow larger?

I have a large section behind my house where it took years to grow many ice plants to fill the area as ground cover. Half of them died in last year's winter frost. How can I make the remaining ones grow to fill in the area?

How can I make ice plants grow larger?
Ice plants do not take foot traffic. Keep people %26amp; pets off the plants. Water well. Feed lightly in the fall and again after blooming. I would put compost or manure around the edges of the plants to encourage them to "branch out". Protect from frost!



You can also take "starts" from your established plants and plant them in the "holes". (Stick in the ground, surround with compost, water well).



Good Luck!!
Reply:starts are like "cuttings." succulents propagate quite easily from cuttings, as they can live a long time before establishing roots. starts have their roots already, tho. she's talking about pulling up select bits from your ice plant carpet and restarting them in a new spot.

colonial shoe buckles

No comments:

Post a Comment