Saturday, February 11, 2012

How do I care for a Fern plant indoors? Or do they have to be outdoor plants?

My neighbor gave me two beautiful Fern plants that were kept outside. We live here in Florida, so its very humid %26amp; they were doing really well outside, but I would like to bring them indoors. Can I do this? How often do they need water? Or should I keep them outdoors where they have been?

How do I care for a Fern plant indoors? Or do they have to be outdoor plants?
I have 3 fern's in my house, and they do fine. Yes you can bring them in, but, since you live in Florida, you may want to check really good all through the soil,dirt,etc...thoroughly! {that's really for any place you may live}. And I only have to barely water them once a week {they don't require as much inside}. Once every 2 to 3 months, I add a little miracle-grow to the water as well.

Mine have grown so much that I have to keep trimming and cutting %26amp; giving starts off it for my friends and family. And I brought mine in from outside. I live in Va. which is not as hot as it is in Florida, but just thought I'd let you know my experience with them, since I do not have a "green-thumb" except on ferns. They're the only things I can keep living!

rain roots

No comments:

Post a Comment